Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojans Removed, Probably Some Remain.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 goodgunsm

goodgunsm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

I found several trojans with Avast and Malwarebytes but notice that I cannot access Malwarebytes website or update Spybot, Adaware or any other spyware program.

Avast seems to update OK and found one infected file.

I'm on my son's computer and when I try to update I get the message "error retrieving update info file".

When I try to access a site like Malwarebytes.org I get the message "Server Not Found". However I can go to other sites just fine.

To get Malwarebytes and spybot to run I had to download them to a flash card on another computer and then install them on this one but I cannot update them.

This is a Dell Inspiron 1150 running XP home with Service pack 3 and running Firefox browser.

My son thinks he got the virus while downloading a video on auto repair but while working on it I noticed he had no firewall except for Windows.

I've since installed Zone Alarm.

The computer is running OK except for Firefox loads pretty slow and I cannot access anti-virus or anti-spyware sites or update them.

Some things I did find and quarantined are:
Win32Trojan-gen
JS:Pdk-aZl[Expl]
JS:Pronteri-AB[trj]
HTML:rEDmE-INF[tRJ]

Also a couple of bad cookies found by asquared.

Thanks for any assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users