Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with Win.32/Alureon.G Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hmedhin

hmedhin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

I have Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Advanced SystemCare installed and update/scan with Advanced System Care and Microsoft Security Essentials about 1x/week or every other week.

The MSE scan recently found the Win.32/Alureon.G virus. It was able to disinfect some of the files, others were quarantined, others were just left alone. This is causing my browser to open windows unprompted and Google search links are hijacked. Also, my computer froze (wouldn't show the desktop, wouldn't open My Computer, etc.) and I shut it down as a result. Then I got the blue screen as I rebooted. Safe mode -- same thing. I used "Last Known Configuration" and it started up ok.

If it makes any difference, I have an external HD with music & pictures that is usually connected to the computer. I don't know if the virus has infected those files (which is more important than my internal HD files considering the amount of information on the external one).

FYI I'm not very technologically savvy but any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 March 2010 - 10:25 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hmedhin

hmedhin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

Here is the DDS.txt log. For some reason the GMER scan won't work. I think it freezes it up.

Removed as not permitted in this forum and a new topic has been created. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 April 2010 - 04:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users