Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

itunes credit card

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iliketorun

iliketorun

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

I want a game from itunes and my parents dont let me use their credit card. They think that they can get their money stolen or something. Is that possible?

Edited by elise025, 21 March 2010 - 04:23 AM.
Topic moved to a more appropriate forum ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Anytime you use your credit card over the internet there is a risk of identity theft. Putting it directly into iTunes is a lot safer than typing it in on a sketchy website though. You should always be sure your computer is 100% free of malware before using it for online shopping/banking/etc

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:28 AM

I've never bought games from Itunes. Can you buy them using gift cards? (I would assume so, but you should check.)

If so, buy some Itunes gift cards for yourself (in my neighborhood, every local grocery store and department store carries them). Itunes has a reputation for being very secure, but if you do get hacked no one has access to your credit card balance. All you could lose is your unused Itunes credit.

Although, once again, Itunes itself is very secure.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

Another option is a pre-paid debit card. You can find them at grocery stores, pharmacies, Wal-Mart, etc.
Your bank or credit union may also sell them.
I use this option to order from the internet. Example: Not long ago, I ordered a toy box for my grand-daughter from toys r us. The total was about $43. I went to my credit union, got pre-paid $50 Visa card, and used that for my purchase.
The fee for the card was $1.00

Since it's almost impossible to buy an item that would be the same amount as the remaining amount on the card, I use it at the gas station when I put gas in the car.

#5 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

The fee for the card was $1.00

Wow, you got a deal. At the grocery stores here, the prepaid Visa and other major credit cards here have a fee of 3.95-5.95, depending on the amount of the card. The cards to specific stores like ITunes and Toys-R-Us do not have any fee at all, but the major credit cards sure do.

I had never thought to check into buying them from the Credit Union. I have never bought one but I know people who do buy them so I will pass that idea on to them, thanks for mentioning it.

Btw, if you know exactly how much is left on a card, you can just tell the checker at the grocery store, or any other store, how much is on it and they can put that amount of your purchase, of whatever amount, through on that card and then you can just pay the balance left with another payment method. Some stores do not require that you know the amount, their system can tell, but not all stores systems can tell so you have to know the exact amount for them to put through.

#6 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

I think the explanation for the low fee is here:

... I went to my credit union ...

(I'm a credit union member, too! :thumbsup: )

I've never tried one on Itunes, but I did have a problem with a pre-paid Visa card at one online site. I had to contact the people at customer support and they put it through as a debit card. No idea why they had to do it that way.

#7 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

I totally understood that the reason for the low fee was because it was bought at the Credit Union. That is why I said....

I had never thought to check into buying them from the Credit Union. I have never bought one but I know people who do buy them so I will pass that idea on to them, thanks for mentioning it.

I was just pointing out what a good deal that really is :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users