Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet explorer can connect, but nothing else can

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sadadsada

sadadsada

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

My internet explorer browser connects just fine, without any slowdown or anything, but every other program that uses the internet can't connect. Steam, msn messenger, iTunes, even my Norton antivirus and firefox. I thought it was a router problem, but then I switched to a different connection that doesn't even use a router and I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Edited by Pandy, 20 March 2010 - 08:00 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to AII to see if Malware could be the cause of trouble here ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sadadsada

sadadsada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

Update: I booted my computer up in safe mode with networking and those programs worked. How do I fix this?

Edited by sadadsada, 23 March 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#3 perscitus3d

perscitus3d

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

I am having the exact same problem. I can connect to the internet with any browser but none of my apps can connect. Please any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users