Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Palm Zire 21

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jondon

jondon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:07 PM

I recently had trouble with my Palm Zire 21 and subsequently had to remove Palm from my desktop (windows 98se). I now can't re-load the original software. I can't also re-load the desktop software downloaded from the Palm site. The original software disc says that a newer o/s exists (I downloaded a newer version sometime in the past!) and quotes E89D78B8-28F7-412F-8B26-C684739CB as the file to which it refers. I believe I have deleted everything from my computer as when I do a search I cannot find anything relating to "Palm". I have found a file in a folder with the reference E89D78B8..... etc. which referes to "Installshield" and ARPPRODUCTICON . Am I OK to delete this?or will it have repercussions on other programmes. Any advice would be welcome.

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rogue4Twenty

Rogue4Twenty

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:58 PM

NNNNNOOOO!! do not delete either of thoes files, for they are both core files and will damage your system "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH"!!!

I have the Zire 31 and Win 2K, and I get system file errors all the time.

So, you have 2 problems.

1. The Zire models were a cruel and sick joke by Palm to teach you not to be cheap when you buy a PALM Pilot.

2. WIN 98 and 2000 are also sick jokes (but I just hate XP soo much)

Sorry man, the only hope you have is to reinstall Win 98 because the core files now have the image of your previous version and will not release it.

Hope this helps, and for anyone else, DON'T BUY ZIRE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users