Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Wireless, Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 antonrod

antonrod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

At first we had ZyXEL only but after a while we got more computers and bought another router, Wireless-G and now both sends out 1 wireless signal each and disturbs eachother, which makes my internet come back and forth. 1 sekond the internet woks totally fine and the other it doesn't work at all and 10 sekonds later it works again. This makes me not to be able to play onlie games.
How do I turn one of the wireless signals off?
I use Vista. Might be good to know. Maybe.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

You should be able log on to your router and set the channel that your router broadcasts on.

#3 antonrod

antonrod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

Well the thing is, I know nothing of computers, the man from the company came here and took a look at it but i can't affod him helping me. So, how do i log into my router?

#4 caghan

caghan

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

when you got your new router, it would of come with a manual. if not, there should be a cd and the manual is in that. it will tell you how to log into the router. usually, you open a webpage and type http://192.168.0.1 and a password prompt comes up. USUALLY username is "admin" and password is either left blank or its "admin" again. if successful, you will be logged into the router. then you need to look around till you find a dropdown box which displays the channels, USUALLY its set to 6, but that can change. anyway just change that number to anything other than what it is and save it. you should be good to go. these are just the usual cases for logging in to a router. you need to read your router manual to log in.

oh by the way, its a good idea to change the username and the password after you log in. also enable WPA or WEP encryptions so people dont connect to your router and use ur internet or worse... all of this info is explained in the manual.

good luck

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

Why are you running 2 routers? If you need more than 4 connections, just turn off the wireless and DHCP in one of them.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users