Ever since getting a virus (or thinking I had one) I have been having trouble opening programs and connecting to certain things. I have a connection to the net w/ cable and that has not been interrupted, but the speed has; especially downloading speeds.
Here are the issues I have:
1. When I open a program like Utorrent or Firefox, or Itunes from the start menu or anywhere else it does not open.
For Utorrent and a few others, If I right click when I'm on the program and can then select start and it will open, but not if I just left click on it.
With iTunes when I left click on it it says "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel".
2. When I log into yahoo messenger I get " Messenger encountered a connection problem, please check the network connection and try again"
But I am able to open AIM.
3. I can use iTunes but I can only open it by finding an audio file and double-clicking on it and then it will open iTunes. I can no longer log into the ITunes store or use the radio stations.
When I try to use radio I get the error "an error occurred while contacting the radio tuning service, check your internet connection or try again" Basically the same issue w/ iTunes store.
4. I used to get speeds of over 1000mbps when downloading torrents, etc, now sometimes I get 250, a lot of times even lower than that.
5. When I try to check Internet Options on my Control Panel I cannot even open it. I get the error "Application not found"
Thank you for any help
Edited by Pandy, 20 March 2010 - 01:59 PM.
Moved from WIndows Vista to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy