Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS ATI AH3450 Windows 7 Install Problems!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Faz

Faz

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

Hi,

Im trying to install an ASUS ATI AH3450 GFX card in to my Windows 7 x64 PC. Ive tried the drivers from here ( http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us ) but they dont work. Ive been told to install the 9.11 hotfix for the 3000 series but the only available hotfix is 10.2.

So, I tried that and needed to reboot. I got the the Win7 splash screen and then it crashed. Ive heard a few success stories for 64bit but not sure how they did it or it was mainly 32bit versions that were doing it.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

Is this the page you got the drivers from?
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages...tAGPHotfix.aspx

You absolutely have to remove all traces of the previous drivers (Asus and ATI) before you install the hotfix drivers.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Faz

Faz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Thats the one.

Ive just done that now and got my monitor to run from the gfx card but its still using the standard VGA drivers and there is no improvement.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

Driver Sweeper this will clean all drivers currently installed pertaining to your video card. If you still cannot install your drivers, then your video is either dead or dying, or it is not supported. I would bet on the former.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users