Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon S330 Printer malfunction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bargainhunter61

bargainhunter61

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:10 AM

I've a Canon S330 Photo Printer. When powered up it shows a green light followed by seven orange lights which from the manual indicates the print head has overheated. The printer itself is no more than three years old and has not had a lot of use because our main printer is a laser printer. We only use the S330 for colour printing and a few photos, less than average use I would say. The Canon repair people have given a quote to fix it, but coupling that with courier charges and the cost of a new print head if required, it would be cheaper to buy a new printer. I'm reluctant to thrown this one on the rubbish heap if it's possible there is a quick fix solution. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:18 AM

Hi bargainhunter61,

Check with Canon and see if they have a trade-in program availble. I can believe it when they say that something is too expensive to repair... have been there myself.

Hope this helps,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Jdhomer

Jdhomer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

I too was getting the seven (7) alternating orange and green flashing lights signal. My printer was non-responsive to any of the Maintenance requests like: Print Head Alignment or Print Head Cleaning. The print head didn't even move to the center position when I opened the front panel to check the ink cartridges. I checked the manual and it clearly states that 7 flashes indicates a Print Head problem. So I combined the "expertise" in this forum and had great success.

First I turned the Printer "off"

Next I removed the ink cartridges and carefully set them upside down on the desk.

I then wiggled the blue paper thickness lever back and forth about 10 times.

Then I raised the grey lever and removed the entire Print Head from the Printer. It was clogged with a gummy ink jam at the bottom of the head. So I ran it under warm water, trying not to get any on the copper leads, until all of the ink was washed away. I had to rub a few spots with my fingers to assure that all of the ink was gone. After washing I "dabbed" a paper towel over the components so as not to bend or damage anything.

I then replaced the Print Head, put the grey lever back down to seat the Print Head in place. Then I replaced the ink cartridges where they belonged.

Next, with the Printer still "off", I pushed and held the Resume until I pushed and held the Power button. (It is very important to hold the Power button.) While still holding the Power button, I released the Resume button, then pushed the Resume button slowly two more times. When I released the Resume button that last time, I simultaneously released the Power Button.

As stated in this forum, the green indicator flashes during initiation. When the green indicator stopped flashing and remained on, I pressed the Resume button 4 times to clear the waste ink message. Everytime I pressed the Resume button the indicator light alternated between green and orange.

Then I pressed the Power button, and the green indicator lit up and stayed lit up.

Finally, I turned off the printer, waited 10 seconds and then turned it back on. The error was cleared and the Printer Status window popped up and asked if I had just changed an ink tank.

Answer yes, reset your ink counter and you are ready to print.

Hope it works for you.

Reed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users