Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer hijacked and stuff

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher_Chance

Christopher_Chance

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:43 AM

Hi everyone, hope you can help me.

I feel like my computer is totally hijacked. Basically the symptoms are:

Sometimes new tabs open when I'm browing in Firefox with like ads or searches or contests that I won
My Comodo gets an Error 113 when it tries to update
Windows Update doesn't work
Google Chrome doesn't connect to any sites at all (unrelated?)

Lately I've been finding all kinds of viruses on my computer. Here's some of the antiviruses and stuff I've been using:

Comodo 3.13.121240.574

Ad-Aware 8.21 up to date

in quarantine

Win32.Trojan.Monder

SuperAntiSpyware 4.34.1000 up to date

in quarantine:

various Vundo variants
Rogue.Agent/Gen-Nullo
Trojan.RootKit/Gen
Unclassified.Oreans32
Trojan.Agent/Gen-CryptHack
Trojan.Unknown Origin
various tracking cookies

MalwareBytes 1.44

not finding anythin

Edited by Christopher_Chance, 20 March 2010 - 01:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Christopher_Chance

Christopher_Chance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

Wow I'm getting "the connection was reset" errors when I press add reply

TrendMicro HouseCall

npjp160_16~ Threat: HIDDEN FILE Type: Rootkits Action: Fixed at restart

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool

quick scan finds nothing

SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.6.2.46 last detection update 3/17/2010

SpyBot couldn't install earlier today because it would time out when trying to download stuff but since the TrendMicro scan it works for some reason.

Just now it found a bunch of cookies and

registry thingies:
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallBypass
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallOverride

trojan entries:
Virtumonde.atr
Virtumonde.stn

just "fixed" all these..

windows update still doesn't work and comodo updater got to like almost 40% but failed as well

eset downloadable scanner thingy

didn't find anything a week ago

- - -

The other day found inawiges.dll in startup.. deleted
Today I found a weird startup entry or running process that was like 3 character comodo firewall exe [comma] 6 character virus-like .dll, removed it

Just did a system restore to January. COMODO update and windows update still don't work. Haven't seen a new ad tab yet..

I've been running all these scans and weird stuff is starting to happen.lately my sound will stop working after a random number of hours, and once after I fixed some problems my computer wouldn't even boot. I forgot how I solved that..

Here's the error messages I've been getting:

COMODO Firewall - Updater
Error 113: Update could not be completed. Seems Internet connection lost halfway during update download. Please check your Internet connection and

Edited by Christopher_Chance, 20 March 2010 - 01:46 AM.

#3 Christopher_Chance

Christopher_Chance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

seriously something is not letting me post

testing

To receive help, you should instead provide a detailed description of your problem, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, screenshots of strange behaviour, and your operating system. This information is much more useful to our helpers than a ComboFix log.
To receive help, you should instead provide a detailed description of your problem, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, screenshots of strange behaviour, and your operating system. This information is much more useful to our helpers than a ComboFix log.

/testing

For future referece:

I seem to have solved my problem by installing linux ubuntu over my reformatted windows partition

Good luck!

Edited by Christopher_Chance, 20 March 2010 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users