Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones Do Not Cancel Out Internal Speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reyak

reyak

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

ok, I am working on a newish HP, running Win XP. I just installed the OS, and everything works perfectly. The audio works great too,...too,...too well. I've got speakers plugged into the back, and headphones that can plug into them. The headphones work, and cancel the external speakers like they should. The external speakers, however, do not cancel the internal ones, and neither do the headphones. The internals, are eternal....It's driving me insane.

I have had this issue before, about a year ago. fifteen minutes on google, and I found the solution, which was a simple one...just not one I can remember. The solution was to reinstall the audio driver....just not THE audio driver. I had to download an obsolete one because for some reason it fixed the issue. I THINK it was HP, but I cannot remember exactly.

Anyway, I've spent the past few hours searching google with every combination of words I can think of, and have not found that same answer, just about a hundred people posting one of about 3 answers, none of which apply to me, and one is just flat out wrong.

Can someone please help me find this driver? I am pretty sure it's an HP, I know it's audio, and I know it's old, if not obsolete. This worked absolutely perfect the first time I had to do it....would have been a good idea to save the driver, don't you think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

Id disable the internal ones.

#3 reyak

reyak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:20 AM

Thanx for the guess. You can all disregard. I found a solution. I simply replaced the Realtek driver with SoundMax. Works just fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users