Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 costumelady

costumelady

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

I was infected by a koobface virus and hundreds of spyware and trojans last week from my Face book account. I was able to download Paretologic Anti-virus and malware program it found a few applications that it deleted. My computer still acted funny and when I went to the koobface posting on the internet it suggested using Malwarebytes or Spybot. I downloaded Malwarebytes, ran it and it found hundreds of infections including 13 koobface viruses. My computer continued to run slow and accumulated thousands of cookies from MSN and Facebook any time I openend Internet Explorer. I wrote to Paretologic about the problem and they sent a link to Combo fix and said to download it directly to the desktop. I did that and ran the program. Combo fix said to let it run and that it would generate a log file which I could then send to someone to help me with the fixes. When I went to my email to do that as instructed by Paretologic, this message came up. Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. When I attempted to use any programs, I kept getting the same message. I have not been able to use some of the recommendations by the Combo Fix website as it won't allow me to open Internet Explorer, the start, run program.

Please, if you've had this problem or know how to fix it, let me know. I am not super computer literate, but can follow instructions typed out for me.

Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

Hello costumelady and :thumbsup: to BleepingComputer.

Reboot the computer again. That should fix the issue.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users