Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to Remove Personal Security

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 salth2o

salth2o

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

I need to remove Personal Security from a computer running Windows XP. I am unable to run any of the usual removal tools (i.e. Malwarebytes) because of PS. When I try rkill, a black window opens, then closes almost immediately, with no obvious effect - I am still unable to run Malwarebytes and other programs. Using the renamed versions of rkill doesn't help.

Please advise on how to proceed.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 luigi_E

luigi_E

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

I had to save the rkill on my desktop from a jump drive and opened it under another user! After that I down loaded a security scanner and removed the program. couldnt believe how easy it was! Luigi

#3 luigi_E

luigi_E

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

Sorry I forgot to add this link for you! [url="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-security"]
I just followed these instructions,except what I mentioned above!

#4 salth2o

salth2o
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

I did follow the instructions at the link that you provided, but rkill refuses to run/run effectively. Other help/suggestions?

Thanks.

#5 salth2o

salth2o
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

I need to remove Personal Security from a computer running Windows XP. I am unable to run any of the usual removal tools (i.e. Malwarebytes) because of PS. When I try rkill, a black window opens, then closes almost immediately, with no obvious effect - I am still unable to run Malwarebytes and other programs. Using the renamed versions of rkill doesn't help.

Please advise on how to proceed.

Thank you.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 19 March 2010 - 11:38 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users