Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Modules Installer a.k.a. TrustedInstaller.exe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 High_Country

High_Country

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

Issues:
AV won't start (side by side configuration error)
SFC won't run (Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service)
Windows modules installer service will not start (module not found)
Windows can't check for updates (80070005)

I working on an HP running (kind of) Home Premium, it was pretty well infested, first tried to install AV, would not run (side by side configuration) I was able to run MBAM, and SAS and TDSSkiller, got a lot of crap out of it. Most everything is back to normal but the problem with starting TrustedInstaller is persistent, the file does exist and I still can't start AV. Can't run SFC (windows resource failed to start the repair service) or get an update (windows can't check for updates 80070005)
TrustedInstaller service seems to be at the root of this. Microcrap support (a.k.a. the second most useless organization on the planet) is of course clueless.

I have the client sorting through her files to determine what she wants saved in preparation of a clean install, and thought I'd run by y'all just before I answer "are you sure".

b.t.w. in case the question pops in to your head, I am using "run as administrator"

Thanks in advance for any ideers.

T

Edited by Pandy, 19 March 2010 - 07:47 PM.
MOved from Windows Vista to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users