Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using ESET, how do I bypass my own security?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 UkrainianChuckNorris

UkrainianChuckNorris

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

I am using ESET AV now a days. I like it, except it won't let me visit the same sites I visited when I used AVG. I have tried altering the personal firewall.. but apparently I don't know what to change. It shows me a this message below. I tried going to task manager and killing ESET, and it still won't let me visit the site. Can someone help me out with some settings?
Details:

Web page:

Description:
Access to the web page was blocked by ESET Smart Security.
The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

Edited by boopme, 19 March 2010 - 04:12 PM.
Moved to Antivirus.....~~boopme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hi, if even disabling ESET will not let you load a webpage, it could be a HOSTS file setting.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
And open your HOSTS file with notepad. Do a find (ctrl+F) and search for the webpage you are trying to visit.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

I don't use the product, but here is a link to ESET support, specifically in 'adding' sites to block. How do I configure my ESET security product to restrict access to specific websites? But should get you where you need to remove sites. Pay close attention to #5 If there are any currently blocked URL's, they will be displayed. There should be a way to remove the specific ones you want.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hey Chuck Norris! Do not visit a dangerous web site! It may contain some bad content and you may end up infecting your computer. What is the use of ESET if you want to bypass it and visit dangerous web site ? To visit dangerous sites, use a Ubuntu Live CD.

#5 UkrainianChuckNorris

UkrainianChuckNorris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

Thanks guys. It's not a dangerous site. I finally got through to it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users