Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant remove msn messenger

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tdrolin

tdrolin

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

ok, hopefully this is the right place for this.

I have not been able to update my windows live messenger for over a year, i have mostly just given up but it bugs me when things do not work properly, so I stop here for a little help.

Today I tried to update my messenger program got error code hr:0x80070652

So I thought I would attempt to remove it manually in the add or remove programs section of the control panel (I am using Windows XP by the way). It shows MSN Messenger 7.5 and when I try to remove it, after a few minutes it says that it can't remove this patch, contact someone to make sure it is a valid patch.

Also I have noticed, if I go to my control panel again and select network connections it shows under connection manager: MSN
Unavailable-device missing

not sure what that is about, it has been that way for a long time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tdrolin

tdrolin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Is there no one that has had this issue, nobody?

Edited by tdrolin, 06 April 2010 - 10:52 AM.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

Download and install free version of Revo Uninstaller. See if that will uninstall messenger.

For best results, use Advanced. If successful, and asked for a reboot, say no.

Then click Next to begin looking for leftover items. Check only the bold entries.

To make sure you get everything, if any entries-usually the last thing listed and not in bold-have a + sign click on the + until you see more bolded items. Check those items to delete. Click next and let it find files you can safely delete.

If a reboot was required, do so after deleting files and folders.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 April 2010 - 11:23 AM.

#4 tdrolin

tdrolin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

ok first of all thanks very much for getting back to me, unfortunately i get the same message which states - this patch could not be opened, verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package.

Any ideas, appreciate you taking the time

tdrolin

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

Download and install Windows Installer CleanUp

To handle this kind of problem simply download and run the "Windows Installer CleanUp". Visit the Microsoft site for downloading.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

•Exit the program WLM / MSN during the procedure.
•Download and install Windows Installer CleanUp.
•Save it to your programs files before you run. it
•Open it from start menu/ program filess.
•A window displaying the list of programs used by "Windows Installer" is displayed.
•Select the program, that is causing trouble : In our case MSN / WLM
•Then click "Remove" and then "Exit".
•Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

After this, you can now uninstall your current version via the control panel, then install your new version!

Taken from HERE: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/3488-problem-ins...g-msn-messenger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users