Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plug in nic then shutdown popup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mindsweeper

mindsweeper

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hi all

I have a very strange problem with a friends laptop. Visat sp1

When I got it it was hijacked so I did the Rkill and MBAM several times as when I plugged the nic in I got a popup saying "Windows is shutting down" and a one minute shutdown box. So I had to fiddle with pen drives to get the removal software and updates over. I thought it was the result of newer tactics by the fraudsters but after getting a clean boot and no results back from rkill or MBAM the symptoms persist.

If I plug in a cable it's ok till I get an IP address then the 1 min popup, if I unplug before I get an IP I don't shutdown.

Same with the wireless card. Deactivated it's fine but if I activate it and it gets an IP then 1 min shutdown popup.

So I'm a bit stumped and don't know quite know how to proceed ? HELP!

Edited by mindsweeper, 20 March 2010 - 10:38 AM.
Moved from Windows Vista to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users