Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Most Game Intro Movies crashing the game...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Qwerty_Uieo

Qwerty_Uieo

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hello all, I have come to the point where this has just become a pain. When ever i start up "Alone in the Dark" or "Battlefield 2", the screen goes black, than crashes. I however have determined the issue, which is that the intro movies cause the games to crash. I figured this out but renaming the movie files after seeing some people having troubles with the intro movies from BF2. So both games run great... just as long as there are no intro movies.

Im looking for a fix, maybe my computer isn't able to play .bik files, but on Mount & Blade the intro movie is a .bik file, so that can be ruled out. Right now I am getting the new Drivers for NVIDIA hopefully that solves this, but if it doesn't I will need some assistance.

Really this isn't all that bad seeing as I can play the games still, but I like having a flawless system :thumbsup:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz
DDR2 1024MB RAM
ASUSTek P5L-MX
232GB HDD (not sure of make)
BFG GeForce 8500GT 1GB (over-clocked)
D-Link wireless Router (Wired)
Windows XP SP3
Firefox , Thunderbird
ESET NOD32
Super Anti-Spyware FREE, IObit 360 Security beta

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic