Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.Ext file supposed to be a .swf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 killers10333

killers10333

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

ok hi guys... here is the story, hopefully you can help...

Yesterday i went to http://www.forum.arcadetrainer.com/viewtop...p;sk=t&sd=a and followed the guide on how to "hack" some games...well when downloading the game from the website using unplug, it says it is a .swf file..until i finish the download...for some reason is an .ext file and i cant open it....(for the game used in the guide, it is called DesktopTD15k_swf.ext) .... could someone either tell me how to make this a .swf file and why it isnt one already, or how i can open the .ext, as long as it would still be the game...

many thanks to all replies (ps if this thing is in the wrong section of forums, tell me where it is supposed to be and i will gladly move it, i just couldnt find anything i figured suited it more)

Edited by killers10333, 19 March 2010 - 09:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Twisted Image

Twisted Image

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Going to need a little more information regarding the game. From experience, some games pack files within files (especially RPGs and RTSs. That can cause some interesting procedural requirements when modding and hacking.

#3 killers10333

killers10333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:03 PM

well according to the guide, when saved from the website it should save as a .swf file, not .ext...i mean im just going off the guide, maybe they forgot to add something? but also it seems to happen for all the games ive tried...all of them have been tower defense games though... i right click on the page and find the "gamename.swf" and hit download, then it downloads, but it comes out as a .ext file...idk if this info helps or not, thanks for quick reply btw

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

I think you may be in breach of forum rules.

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin' Panda

• Members
  • 9,562 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

I am closing this topic, due to the Forum Discussion Rules, as quoted here..

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

I am sorry, we do not assist in hacking, or cracking here.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users