Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

redirect virus and Just-In-Time debugger pop up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 kurtjfred

kurtjfred

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:07 AM

I have read the tutorial and guide but must admit I am still very confused and unsure how to proceed. I have a redirect virus affecting any search engine I use, be it Google, Msn Bing, etc.. I also have the just-in-time debugger constantly popping up. I downloaded and ran hijackthis and have the log window open and also the trend micro hijack this window ready to fix but I have no clue what to check. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kurt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

Hey kurtjfred,

Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! I'm Ltangelic and I'll be helping you fix your computer problem.

Take note that I'm still in training, and my posts will have to be checked by an expert. This may cause delays in between my responses, I ask for your patience. Please stick with me until we get your computer cleaned up or it will be a wasted effort on both sides. ;)

Meanwhile, can you please head towards this topic, run the tools recommended in there and post their logs on here? Please do not start a new topic though, just post any logs in this topic. Thank you. smile.gif

PS. If I've not been responding, and you wonder why, feel free to PM me and I'll give an explanation.

LT

Bleepingcomputer Malware Response Team

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please do NOT PM anyone with HJT logs, read this and post your logs here.

#3 Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:39 AM

Hi,

Do you still need help?

Bleepingcomputer Malware Response Team

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please do NOT PM anyone with HJT logs, read this and post your logs here.

#4 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please PM a staff member and we will reopen it for you (include the address of this thread in your request). This applies to the original topic starter only. Everyone else with similar problems, please start a new topic.
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

If I've not posted back within 48 hrs., feel free to send a PM with your topic link. Thank you!

If I have helped you then please consider donating to continue the fight against malware Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users