Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spcgame ie exploit [Moved]

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rhubarbe

rhubarbe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

My wife's laptop has this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic299544-45.html

I don't want to duplicate what has already been done - because it would be a waste of everybody's time.

This thread also has the same problem:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...hp/t299593.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

Hello rhubarbe,

I'm moving your topic to the Am I Infected forum as you didn't post any logs. Please note that every infection is unique and requires a unique approach to resolve. Because of that, please describe the computer issues you are having. Also, please tell us what steps you have taken to resolve the problems. If necessary, we will refer you to the log forum and provide explicit instructions for posting there.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 rhubarbe

rhubarbe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

I have thrown it out of the window, jumped up and down on it and poured coffee into the usb port.

Seriously, I have run MBAM, SSAD, LAA, HJT, AVG8. Everything comes back as clean.

I have removed IE8, IE7 and am now back on 6. I have tried to restore to earlier state but none of the restore points work. I have disabled access to IE.

On reboot IE opens automatically and without user intervention with about:blank, followed by redirection to one of the ad pages listed on the other two threads that I highlighted above.

The sites are more or less random but ALWAYS include spcgame.

The reason I didn't post any logs is because having read the other two threads on spcgame IE redirect, none of the logs helped in any way to solve the problem. Indeed, the problem has not been solved on either of the other threads as I speak.

Edited by rhubarbe, 19 March 2010 - 10:20 AM.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

rhubarbe, do me a favor and post some logs for me and then let me know when they are posted. Follow the steps here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

There is always a solution, we just need to find it.

#5 hughc

hughc

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

My computer may have this too.
IE opens a window and displays 5 ads. Then nothing happens for an hour and the behavior repeats. The url is alway "about blank".
I suspect Serebys' Update pack IE8 add on version 1.0.7. but have little evidence. I use firefox, not IE. The serebys add on is installed without a removal option in add and remove programs.
If you need more info, I'm glad to supply it.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

Hi Hughc,

If you wish, you can follow the steps here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

And then pm me the link to your new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users