Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP smart security 2010 virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 juss

juss

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

alright, i somehow got the XP smart security 2010 virus. i've looked around online and all the solutions i have found haven't worked. it's just annoying, there popups every two seconds from the virus. i downloaded malwarebytes anti-malware to try and get rid of it. it wouldn't let me run the program at all. not even to install it. i tried downloading the program on a clean computer, putting it on a clean flash drive, renaming the files and then installing it from the flash drive onto my computer. it still would not run. i also tried booting my computer up in safe mode and installing but it still would not run malwarebytes. in fact, the virus actually still ran in safe mode. i am not sure what to do. any suggestions?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Take a look here: How to remove XP Internet Security 2010, Antivirus Vista 2010, and Win 7 Antispyware 2010 + 60 other names depending on OS.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 juss

juss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

i downloaded all the appropriate things, ran fixexe.reg, when promted, said yes. i still can't run malwarebytes. i click to install it and the hourglass flashes for a couple seconds and nothing happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users