Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Exress 6 -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Novice Too

Novice Too

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

I have 4 or 5 email accounts forwarded to Outlook Express 6.
Several times each day the 'New Mail' sounds - The lower right of the screen says (briefly) New Message - But, there is no new message in the INBOX.
I've gone through the 'sounds' in the Control Panel and 1) turned everything off. 2) turned back on a 'chime' for new mail. 3) Changed the new mail sound several times.
It's like mail is coming in, but I do not have got the 'display' for one of them set up correctly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

I my self have ahd problems with this and have found no solution as of yet, even with outlook 2007.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Hello :thumbsup:

I searched Microsoft's site
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/2578?aid=3&GSA_AC_More3
but did not find an answer:

The very bottom of the web page did have a link though, for this:
Get Help Now
Contact a support professional by E-mail, Online, or Phone

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.a...p;wfxredirect=1

Good luck to you :flowers:
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users