Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop quality

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 splackavellie

splackavellie

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:26 PM

ok who here has owned an ibm before? i would really like to know what they think of them, specifically the thinkpad T-series. also i know that ibm quality is superior than that of dell but is it really worth it? ibm also has those cool goodies (fingerprint security thing, HD protection, and the lighted keypad so i can pull all nighters :thumbsup: ) but i can really do without those.

i've been looking at the ibm's website and been playing around there and i managed to configure one for about $1600. but also on dell i can pretty much get the same specs for about $500 less (with other coupons i can prolly get it for even less). i wonder if the superior quality is worth the extra $500.

its pretty much gonna come down to the ibm thinkpad t-series (prolly T42) vs the dell inspiron 600m. both are about the same weight w/ the same screen size and res. also both have about the same processor (pentium M 7xx) and decent enough graphics card for what i need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:15 AM

Basically it comes down to money. IBM makes a high quality machine and for Dell to produce a similar machine for less money corners are being cut somewhere. Look at the warranty also. A higher inital cost usually reflects a better warranty.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 splackavellie

splackavellie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:43 AM

yeah ibm has a standard 3 year warranty where the dell inspiron only has 1. but i think thier latitude series has a 3 year warranty. gonna have to look at that.

just wondering if ibm is all its really hyped up to be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users