Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fresh Installation BSOD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keebster

Keebster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

Ok sorry if this is somewhere else iv searched but cant find another post like im needing

Ok so iv got an alternate pc im giving to my mom and dad i win 7 and needed to install vista cause vista is the legal copy so anyway i boot into the install cd start the installation it reboots once and when it comes back on its at completing installation it will stay there for about 5min maybe 10 and then has like an instant bsod (i was only able to see the blue screen the first 3 times and it was only up for maybe 2 seconds or so after that it just instanly reboots cant even see the blue screen anymore) and then reboots the install never finishes and i cant get it to start back up without starting all over. Iv tested the ram theres 2gigs iv tested the hdd its 230gigs they both come back as working good iv reseated the ram and the hdd a few times have left it unplugged for a few min and i cant seem to figure out whats wrong.

Oh and it was running just fine before i tried installing vista i loaded into win 7 messed around alittle was about to pack it up when i thought it would be better to give them a computer with a valid copy and thats when this started.

Anyone got any ideas for why this is such a troublesom install?

Edited by Keebster, 19 March 2010 - 08:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

whats the BSOD Code?

#3 Keebster

Keebster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

Wish i could tell ya it was only a second when i saw it the first three times and now i cant even get that second il try after i get off from work to see if i can get it to pop back up il get my camera and see if i can get a pic of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users