Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryd

gregoryd

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:28 PM

My AntiVir AV Personal SE has identified the Trojan TR/Dldr.lstBar.JA but will not remove it. My McAfee won't even detect it. Can someone tell me how to get rid of it.
Anything that's not in German would be most helpful. Google seems to suck on this point.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:54 PM

My AntiVir AV Personal SE has identified the Trojan TR/Dldr.lstBar.JA but will not remove it. My McAfee won't even detect it. Can someone tell me how to get rid of it.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you mention 2 AV's. Thats not good. I'm hoping you only have one active at a time.

I would suggest downloading this product. It's free to use. Quite agressive as well. Don't panic if you find that it catches ALOT of cookies too. I would recommend that you run the Ewido scan in "safe mode".
If you don't know how to do this, here's a tutorial of how to start windows in safe mode. Also, be sure and save a copy of the scan for further reference.

Be (Ewido) Safe

Da Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 gregoryd

gregoryd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:04 PM

I don't keep either program running. I run them once a day separately.
This Trojan, so far, has not ( it would seem ) done anything malicious yet.
It just keeps popping up in my AntiVir. I'd like to go in and pull it out by hand if I could.

#4 highlander

highlander

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:31 PM

You need to keep one of your AV running at all times to help prevent attacks and/or fight them as they arrive. Everybody needs real time protection:
An AV, a good firewall, and add spywareblaster for good measure:
Have a read of tutorial 82 on this site
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users