Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop gone Crazy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bricad15

bricad15

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hope someone can help.
I have a toshiba laptop that has worked flawlessly for 2 years, and now it has a problem I can't fix.

The keyboard will not respond sometimes, othertimes it is fine.
if I try to click on an icon on the desktop, it sometimes starts a different program.
I have run Malware Antibytes 4 times, and it can't seem to find it (yes I updated it first)
If i open the notepad, the letter M will start to fill the page, then stop and then start in about 1 1/2 minutes.
If I try to type, the letters won't come up, but some of them will..
I have a second computer which I am using to post this.

I even went and bought a usb keyboard, and it works, but not the regular.
also, when I reboot, the laptop beeps like keys are being pushed, but nothing is being pushed, but then when the options come up (safe mode etc...)
It wont accept the enter key, I have to use the USB keyboard to type enter...

any ideas??

It was working fine, and there does not appear to have anything spilled on the keyboard...

Brian

Edited by bricad15, 18 March 2010 - 12:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jackbency

jackbency

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

According to me, you should contact of Hardware engineer because without check out your Laptop, nobody can't get solution in Forum Discussion. If you have Laptop Warranty card then first you should use this. I think this is Convenient option for you. Because of this you can get solution and save money also.

#3 bricad15

bricad15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

It indeed was a hardware issue, replaced keyboard and this fix item.
Mods please delete????

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

Naw they wont delete it, as it may help another user with the same issue.

#5 T1000

T1000

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

Exactly !!!
1.) HP Pavilion DV 9230us, 17" Laptop, Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-Bit , Intel Dual Core T5500 1.66 GHz , 100GB Dual HD, 200 GB Total HDD, 2 GB Ram DDR2, WD 1TB external HDD, My Book Essential.

2.) Dell Inspiron 1764 17" Laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Intel Dual Core i5 2.53 GHz w/Turbo Boost Technology, (3MB cache) Media Graphics Accelerator, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB Ram DDR3, Western Digital 1TB external HDD, My Book Essential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users