Hello again, evorax:
Did not see your reply until today, so sorry for not responding earlier.
To make sure I understand your question, please advise as to the following:
1. Do you currently have an antivirus program installed? If yes, which one is it?
2. Are you trying to install (or reinstall) Avira Antivir on top of an existing antivirus program?
3. What is the exact wording of the error message you get when trying to install (or reinstall) Avira Antivir, and at what stage of installation does it pop up?
4. When you previously uninstalled Panda Cloud, Spyware Terminator, McAfee and Avast Antivir, did any of them give you any error messages?
5. What method did you use to uninstall those programs? (i.e. Control Panel Add/Remove Programs, etc.)
6. Occasionally an antivirus program will not completely remove itself unless you also run a specialized removal tool made by that antivirus company. Did you use any of those, and if so, which one(s)?
7. Just to let you know, I am just an intermediate computer user and not one of the specially trained bleepingcomputer.com website responders, but will do my best to help you.
Edited by Torvald, 27 March 2010 - 08:52 PM.