Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to install ANTIVIRUS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 truevorax

truevorax

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:05 AM

Hi! I am using Windows XP system. Earlier till two months back i was using McAfee antivirus. Thereafter i switched over to Avast Antivir. Everything was working fine till i uninstalled avira antivir. Thereafter I have not been able to install it back till date. I am currently using Cloud antivirus. I tried installing AVG Antivirus and Avast Antivir, but in both cases during the installation process Iam asked to check my internet connection. Though the fact is that my internet connection is perfectly fine and iam able to surf internet and install other softwares.
Anybodys help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Are you currently running more than one antivirus program on your computer?

If so, I would recommend uninstalling them until only one is running. Having more than one antivirus program installed at a time will usually cause weird things to happen.

Give that a try, and then post back here if you are still experiencing troubles.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

#3 truevorax

truevorax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

Hi Torvald! Sorry to reply after a long time. As suggested by you I have first uninstalled Panda Cloud and Spyware Terminator both. Thereafter I tried installing Avira Antivir but again I am facing the same problem. I am again asked to check for active internet connection. Will await your response for the problem. Thanks.

#4 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

Hello again, evorax:

Did not see your reply until today, so sorry for not responding earlier.

To make sure I understand your question, please advise as to the following:

1. Do you currently have an antivirus program installed? If yes, which one is it?

2. Are you trying to install (or reinstall) Avira Antivir on top of an existing antivirus program?

3. What is the exact wording of the error message you get when trying to install (or reinstall) Avira Antivir, and at what stage of installation does it pop up?

4. When you previously uninstalled Panda Cloud, Spyware Terminator, McAfee and Avast Antivir, did any of them give you any error messages?

5. What method did you use to uninstall those programs? (i.e. Control Panel Add/Remove Programs, etc.)

6. Occasionally an antivirus program will not completely remove itself unless you also run a specialized removal tool made by that antivirus company. Did you use any of those, and if so, which one(s)?

7. Just to let you know, I am just an intermediate computer user and not one of the specially trained bleepingcomputer.com website responders, but will do my best to help you.

Edited by Torvald, 27 March 2010 - 08:52 PM.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users