Hi there!I'm having the following trouble accessing some sites. I have done several hours of research and I can't find the solution.1. GOOGLE
When I type www.google.com I get this message:
"The connection has timed out
The server at www.google.com is taking too long to respond.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."2.YAHOO
-I get the same message as above, but I can still go to yahoo's webpage, click on things such as entertainment, but i can't do searches on www.yahoo.com
, but I can do searches on www.yahoo.ca3.YOUTUBE
-only problem is that I can't log in. when i try to log in I also get the same "connection timed out mssg"What have I done so far to try and fix the problem?
1. cleared cookies,temp files,etc.
2. run mcafee security scan>>found no virus
3. tried changing Google DNS server :http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html
4. tried fixing host file ("fix it for me option"):http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
>>I got the "connection timed out mssg"
I have no idea what I am supposed to do. Can someone please help me. I use my desktop computer for school often and this makes things hard for me. Please leave clear instructions. I'm not very internet savvy, but I can't follow instructions well. Thanks. Have a good day.