Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No more sound!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kiddo7

Kiddo7

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:23 PM

I played around with ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAM and found a program called something like SoundMAX and I uninstalled it!

Now, I cannot hear a sound

How do I install that program back?!

Please help me. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bonk

Bonk

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:39 PM

Try a system restore before you deleted it

#3 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:50 AM

if you know you sound cards manufacturer like sound max go to their website and download the latest driver for it

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:57 AM

Install Everest Home Edition, freeware which will provide information on all hardware and software that is installed on your computer.
Download here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

Run Everest
Find out exactly what sound hardware and software your system has installed.

Go to the manufacturer's sites and see if you can replace what you deleted.

Additionally - do you have a separate sound card or is it embedded in your motherboard?

If you have a separate sound card it will have come with a CD that had all the software and drivers it needed including those you deleted. If it was incorporated in the motherboard, the manufacturer's restore disc should have that information. (some manufacturers have that in the "cabs" which are on your hard drive). See your handbook that came with the computer if your computer didn't come with restore or installation discs.

Edited by Enthusiast, 16 September 2005 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users