Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Football Fans out there?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

I was just curios to know how many football fans we had here.
Please tell your favorite team and ,if you have one, Your pick for the national championship. College or NFL. Or just give your opinion on some good or bad teams. smile.gif
I am a South Carolina fan, obviously. lol :thumbsup: But, as much as i would like at, I don't think the gamecocks are going to threaten University of Southern California. :flowers: lol
Clemson, however, played very well in there opener against Texas A&M. Anybody can get lucky and win but i think Clemson outplayed A&M. They also beat Maryland!
The Florida ST vs Miami game was also a good game. Both those teams have a young team so this will be an interesting year for them.
If you like College Football as much as i do you can go to leonardslosers.com He gives College and Pro football predictions and stats. With a little country fried humor.
Anybody got any thoughts? :trumpet:

Edited by deerslayer, 13 September 2005 - 04:19 PM.

When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

I think that New england (NFL) will go to the super bowl but loss. I don't know who is going to beat them but I thik they will lose. I am really looking forward to the NFL this year because the superbowl is in Detroit. (I live in Oxford which is one hour away by car).

#3 deerslayer

deerslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:29 AM

Wow! That's awesome! You think you'll go to it???
Posted Image
~Deerslayer

#4 chevyusa1

chevyusa1

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:05 AM

Huge pro football fan here, have been all my life. :thumbsup:
As for college football this year, I think Notre Dame will have a much improved year, they beat Michigan last weekend. I think Clemson will have a good year also. I lived in Lexington S.C. for about 6 years and used to watch the Gamecocks play from time to time.
But I'm an Indianapolis Colts fan. I hate the Patriots...every time they play the Colts it's like they have the Colts' playbook. Like last year, the Colts only lost 3 reg. season games and all three was gifts to the other team because of mistakes made by the Colts. Except for the Patriots. I think this year will be different, the Colts are finally going to make it to the Superbowl! And I think they will win it. The NFC team that I think will make it is either the Falcons or Eagles. JMO :flowers:

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:31 AM

Yes! Big win for my beloved Notre Dame against Michigan!!! :thumbsup:

I like the Colts for the Super Bowl too! Had enough of the Pats.

My favorite teams are the Rams and the Steeler's

Edited by Scarlett, 15 September 2005 - 10:31 AM.

Posted Image

#6 deerslayer

deerslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

Fianlly..some input. lol I was afraid we no football fans here. And that i had waisted a post. lol

I like Notre Dame too. I think they have a good chance of going all the way this year!!! :thumbsup: We'll see.....

NFL:
I would also like see some one (anyone! :flowers: ) go to super bowl!!! I NEVER did like the PATS.
And since carolina doesn't seem o be doin to much so far, I think i go for Atlanta.

It's a little early yet but i think we'll see...

NFC: Falcons, Eagles, and probably Panthers too.

AFC: Colts, Stealers, And the dreaded Paitriots.

I havn't seen the Colts play but i hope they can give Tom Brady a run for his money.

if not I think we'll see the Pats play the Falcons, in the super bowl.

any arguments....

Edited by deerslayer, 15 September 2005 - 11:31 AM.

Posted Image
~Deerslayer

#7 deerslayer

deerslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:25 PM

This is good....

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a New England Patriot fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Patriots too.

No one really knowing what a 'Patriot' is, but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks.

There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

"Because I'm not a Patriot."

"Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?"

"Why, I'm a proud Green-bay Packer," boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is being rebellious.

"Well, my mom and dad are Packers, so I'm a Packer too."

The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?" the teacher says with a smile.

"Then," says Kristen with a broad smile, "I'd be a Patriot."

:thumbsup: That little girl put that moron, i mean teacher, in her place. :flowers:

Edited by deerslayer, 15 September 2005 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image
~Deerslayer

#8 Happy_Reaper

Happy_Reaper

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2005 - 01:18 PM

I use to watch a lot of football, back when I had cable. Right now, I'm not too sure what the league looks like, but the last time I checked the Falcons were doing well, and Vick hadn't yet reached his peak. I figure he should be coming into his own, by now, and I guess that's why I like the Falcons.

My team, though, has always been the Titans. I just can't get over the fact that they deserve a Superbowl after that painful lost to the Rams in 1998 (I think that's the year...). I don't think they'll get it this year, though, even though McNair will probably have another stellar season.

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of the Patriots either. Not so much that I don't like the team, but rather that I'm not a big fan of championship "dynasties". Repetition makes the sport boring. Dynasties should be eliminated.

Cheers.
Teacher: "You connect with Internet Explorer, but what is your browser? You know, Yahoo, Webcrawler...?" <-- It's great to see the educational system moving in the right direction...

#9 rgoldy1121

rgoldy1121

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:04 PM

LOVE watching football.
There is nothing better that a cold day, a nice bowl or soup or chili, and a great game on the TV. Half time is filled with playing football outside, followed by a warm drink afterwards....

and lets not forget, Monday night football..

woohooo

we are Bears fans here...
DA BEARS

#10 chevyusa1

chevyusa1

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:37 AM

Fianlly..some input. lol I was afraid we no football fans here. And that i had waisted a post. lol

I like Notre Dame too. I think they have a good chance of going all the way this year!!! :thumbsup: We'll see.....

NFL:
I would also like see some one (anyone! :flowers: ) go to super bowl!!! I NEVER did like the PATS.
And since carolina doesn't seem o be doin to much so far, I think i go for Atlanta.

It's a little early yet but i think we'll see...

NFC: Falcons, Eagles, and probably Panthers too.

AFC: Colts, Stealers, And the dreaded Paitriots.

I havn't seen the Colts play but i hope they can give Tom Brady a run for his money.

if not I think we'll see the Pats play the Falcons, in the super bowl.

any arguments....

No argument here! :trumpet:
The thing about it is......Tom Brady has an excellent supporting cast. Brady himself never breaks any records or puts up any astronomical numbers he just gets the job done. The Pats are probably one of the best all around teams ever assembled. But this Colts team is by far the best they have ever been since Johnny Unitus played, or atleast since moving to Indy.
Love the moron teacher joke!!! :inlove:

#11 deerslayer

deerslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:49 AM

Glad you liked the joke, Chevy. I thought it was pretty good. :thumbsup:
I'll agree with you on the pats. Right now, they just got 'IT'!!! And whether any likes it or not they are going to use it! :flowers: I don't blame em.

I gotta pull for my Cocks today! They Play Alabama. I hope they can pull off an win. Kick-off is at 3:30 est CBS.

Clemson plays Miami today. I think Clemson will win by a Field Goal. They will also kick-off at 3:30 est ABC.

Our Beloved Irish kicks off at 3:30 est NBC to the MSU Spartans today. This will be a good game, IF YOU'RE AN IRISH FAN!!!! :trumpet: Notre Dame is hot this year. REALLY HOT!
I think we'll see a fairly sizable win by the fighting Irish. I have no clue what the score will be. I just think they'll win. :inlove:

Any other predictions???

Edited by deerslayer, 17 September 2005 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image
~Deerslayer

#12 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:39 PM

Well my prediction was that the Colts were going to go all the way.
But thankfully so, that is not the case. Because my Steeler's have perservered! And were the ones who knocked the Colts out of contention. My hat goes off to Payton Manning and the Colts though, they did indeed have a kick butt season.

So... we now have the Steelers and the Seahawks as Super Bowl XL contenders.

Posted Image :thumbsup: Posted Image

The Seahawks, whom have never made it to the SuperBowl, though one must give consideration to the fact that they are a relatively young team, founded in 1976. Could possibly bring home to Seattle its very first Vince Lombardi Super Bowl Trophy ever. Seahawk fans must be excited beyond all belief.

And their opponents the Steelers founded in 1933 an old skool team to be sure. Who have a long standing Superbowl tradition, or at the very least an impressive one. With five Super Bowl wins, among these wins four were won within six years. The last being in 1979, needless to say they have had a long dry spell. As of Super Bowl XL, they will have had six Super Bowl appearances.

Who will come out on top? I pick the Steelers, and the Vegas bookmakers choose them as well with the odds set at 3 1/2 to 4 point favorites.
The proof will be in the pudding, as "they" say. ;)

Congratulations to both the Pittsburg Steelers and the Seattle Seahawks!

Posted Image

Hut, hut, hike!

Edited by Scarlett, 23 January 2006 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

#13 RaSkull

RaSkull

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:52 PM

I'm a Colts fan as well...even though my home team is Chicago Bears, I've been a Colts fan since I was a kid (in the 1970's). They play like a High School team in the playoffs every year that they make it and it erks the cr@p outta me! I've always liked the Seahawks too....Jim Zorn is one of my alltime favorite QB's and was the "orignal" QB when the Seahawks were brought into the league in '76.
Anyone remember Fran Tarkington? Or the Purple People Eaters? Yep I was a Viking fan also!! Actually I just love the game and I like alot of teams....but I still have my favorites! :thumbsup:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Pittsburgh has had more then their fair share of Superbowl trips...and wins! Time for a never has been there team to go all the way and win it! The Indy Colts have never made it either although the Baltimore Colts have been there and won the Superbowl....and lost it as well.

Mod Edit: Quote from prior post removed. As it was not neccessaary to include the entire quote.

Edited by Scarlett, 23 January 2006 - 04:17 PM.

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

I thought it would be the Bengals.... :thumbsup: :flowers:

But now I say it's " 1 for the thumb"

:trumpet:

Steelers 27, Seahawks 21
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#15 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:35 PM

I thought that the colts were going all the way but they didn't. I think the steelers will win!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users