Let's cleanup. Looking good.
Please follow/read the steps below to remove the tools we used and for some more information.
Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
- Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
- Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
- Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
- You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.
Download and Run OTC
We will now remove the tools we used during this fix using OTC.
- Download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
- Double click icon to start the program. If you are using Vista, please right-click and choose run as administrator
- Then Click the big button.
- You will get a prompt saying "Being Cleanup Process". Please select Yes.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
System A bit Slow? Try StartupLight
You may wish to try StartupLite. Simply download this tool to your desktop and run it. It will explain any optional auto-start programs on your system, and offer the option to stop these programs from starting at startup. This will result in fewer programs running when you boot your system, and should improve preformance.
If that does not work, you can try the steps mentioned in Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware.
Congratulations! You now appear clean!
Now that you are clean, please follow and read some of the prevention tips below.
Preventing Infections in the Future
Please also have a look at the following links, giving some advice and Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:
Some of the main things you should consider to perform/read are:
- Disabling Autorun/Play on Flash-Drive/Removable Drives
- Avoid gaming sites, underground web pages, pirated software sites, and Peer to Peer Programs
- Keep Windows Updated through going to Windows Updates
- Updating Non-Microsoft Programs
- Keeping Security softwares updated
It is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly patched to fix vulnerabilities. You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector and Calendar of Updates.
Update all programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs you have installed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Glad I was able to help and thank you for choosing Bleeping Computer as you malware removal source.
Don't forget to tell your friends about us and Good luck
If you have no more questions, comments or problems please tell us, so we can close off the topic.