Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You may need to move out of Detroit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

After a woman asked a fellow employee to stop wearing strong perfume and dis not get a quick enough solution she sued. She won some money about a $100k,but now insome Gov't buildings employees can NOT even wear strong deoderant :thumbsup: ..

Some Detroit workers will be forbidden from wearing scented products following a landmark court decision that sided with a woman who said her coworker's scents hindered her breathing, myfoxdetroit.com reported Tuesday.

Employees in three of the Motor City's government buildings will be subject to the ban which includes strong perfumes, colognes, creams and deodorants.

New Anti-Perfume Rules in Detroit May Cause a Legal Stink

Whew !! or is it Phew!! and summer is coming :flowers:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

When working in an office environment, personal Hygiene is very important.

Deodorants are a natural necessity,when in constant contact with fellow workers.

Buy Deodorants, that don't emit strong scents.

I find some one breathing in your face,that has been eating Garlic,very offensive. :thumbsup:

Edited by DSTM, 17 March 2010 - 09:49 PM.

#3 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

I was just in a taxi with a sweaty smelling driver and it was awful!!! I had the window down and couldnt wait to get out of that taxi. I prefer some bad smelling deoderant to the smell of sweat any day!
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,943 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

While smelling BO and sweat is unpleasant, so far as I know, it doesn't cause illness in another. In contrast, deodorants, perfumes etc. can. Coast deodorant soap is one that gives me terrible headaches and nausea. Some people with chemical sensitivities can become violently ill from the chemicals and scents in these products. Many detergents and fabric softeners cause problems as well. Some people reek of these products - and are probably unaware of it.

I eat lots of garlic. :thumbsup: Parsley is good at neutralizing bad breath.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

Nibbling a cinnamon stick will help bad breath too.

I do not enjoy someone's perfume causing me a severe headache and nausea :thumbsup: Deodorants don't bother me. Besides, if my underarm deodorant is bothering you.. would you mind getting out of my bubble because you are standing WAY too close.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,943 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Coast deodorant soap affects me from 10 feet away. Some deodorants/anti-perspirants I smell from 5 feet away.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:17 AM

Gosh I hope mine isn't that potent. :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users