Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dave019283

dave019283

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

On my windows XP computer I am wirelessly connected to the internet with my Airlink101 300n router, but recently I am getting disconnected.
The internet still works because on the computer connected via cable it never cuts out while the wireless one does. It also happens repeatedly, if I finally get connected again from trying to repair the connection like 20 times, it just cuts out again.

This problem just started happening recently and it really makes it hard to surf the web or use xbox live. Please help!

Edit: Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, I just moved it to networking.

Edited by dave019283, 17 March 2010 - 02:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caghan

caghan

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

maybe there is another router close by or even a wireless phone system. change the channel broadcast and see if that helps. is there a microwave close by?

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

I think caghan is on the right track. Sounds like interference. Since it just started happening, did you move the router? did you buy something recently and is it near the router? It could be another router, do you live in an apartment complex? You could download Netstumbler and it will show what wireless networks are around you and what channel they are on.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 velma

velma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:27 AM

I had problems with XP's wireless connectivity but not same as yours. I was able to resolve it by simply updating the driver of my wireless device installed on my notebook. Try updating your drivers maybe it will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users