Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

http not working, other programs skype, msn etc okay

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MsKazza

MsKazza

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi all :thumbsup:
I'm having a problem with my vista 64bit pc. The http protocol doesn't seem to be working properly all the time. Some times i can use the internet other i can't and its getting to be more and more not. However other programs like skype and windows live work okay, no problems at all.

I connect using a wired connection, although i have also tried wireless to see if that would help. I have run ad-aware, spybot and malwarebytes anti-malware, still the problem persists. I have turned off my zonealarm to see if that was stopping it somehow, nothing changed.

I usually use google chrome for the internet although i have tried firefox and IE, non work, when the internet is working its usually ok, no packet loss. then when it stops (usually after around 10 mins or so) i get 100% packet loss.

Now i know its something to do with my pc and not the router or connection as i have a laptop running xp pro that works fine on this connection.

Any help much appreciated. Its driving me absolutely nuts.

MsKazza

P.S. I have also tried this pc at my mums house on their internet, same problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users