Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

surfing the forum...computer crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 martcaster

martcaster

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:07 AM

As the title states, I was surfing your excellent forums trying to find out why my computer keeps crashing & re-starting; when, sure enough, it crashed and re-started! I had just been reading about viewing event logs, so I did just that and copied the Properties for the two Warnings listed immediately prior to the crash.
I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP3 and can supply copies of these two texts as required. Your assistance greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mart.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 martcaster

martcaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

I've decided to attach the two reports to see if they help anyone out there (???)

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 63
Date: 17/03/2010
Time: 11:50:26
User: ANTZPANTZ-DTOP\Martin
Computer: ANTZPANTZ-DTOP
Description:
A provider, OffProv11, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS11, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 63
Date: 17/03/2010
Time: 11:50:26
User: ANTZPANTZ-DTOP\Martin
Computer: ANTZPANTZ-DTOP
Description:
A provider, OffProv11, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS11, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

On googling the above, it would suggest that I may have a problem with Office 2003 (??) even though I wasn't using it when the crash occurred. Is this familiar to anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users