Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Ultimate "important updates" not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 udwm995

udwm995

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

There appears to be eleven "important updates" that refuse to work. i use windows updater and it says they are downloaded and installed, then i reboot and it says 'configuring updates ect...' however after it says welcome and my desktop appears, the windows update pops back up saying that thos 11 important updates have failed and i must try again.

Ive done this 4 times now to no avail. i read a post somewhere that sounded pretty much the same as mine with a solution but i cant find it so ive written this in the hope of finding some help.

Ive got vista ultimate 32bit ive uninstalled all unnecessary things and have up to date avira(thanx to the guy who put me onto it, it appears to work heaps better than avg)

these are the 11 updates which keep failing;

-Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows(KB953297)

-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86

-Security Update for Windows Vista (KB945553)

-Security Update for Windows Vista (KB959426)

-Security Update for Windows Vista (KB969947)

-Security Update for Windows Vista (KB973540)

-Security Update for Windows Vista (KB977165)

-Update for Rights Management Services Client for Windows Vista (KB979099)

-Update for Windows Vista (KB938371)

-Update for Windows Vista (KB952287)

-Update for Windows Vista (KB955020)[/size]

Im hoping someone can help me in this other post the solution was that one of the updates had to be installed 1st, before the rest would work which sounded pretty simple so hopefully this is a similiar problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

Try to download an install ONE update at a time.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 udwm995

udwm995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:28 AM

already tried that and i thought omg its working, so i ended up getting throught about 6 of them then after a restart what decides to pop back up?

oh im sorry but the 6 updates that youve just spent an hour messing round with and which were confirmed as successful, have now, in fact decided that they dont work and now you still have 11 important updates waiting please try agian ra ra ra.

i think i just need to back my bleep up and do a full reinstall

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Do you restart computer after installing every single update.
If you do, you'll easily find out, which one doesn't want to install.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Ekatmali

Ekatmali

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

Hi, I am facing since this early january an unknown problem next to my update. I am informed that there are two important updates to download and install, but the windows update can't find them... or can't conclude the download... they stop at 79% , and I am informed about the failure right away. I have tried several times, desabling Firewall, but nothing happens.
I have downloaded WUS from here, but it still doesn't work.

My windows is Vista Starter 32bits... sorry ... I haven't now further information cause I'm not so good at computers. I am only user.

Is there anyone here who can tell what happens?

Thank so much!
see you

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

Ekatmali
You need to start your own topic, please.

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users