Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access 2000 Running with XP Professional

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moneyjock

moneyjock

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:36 PM

When I use the repair and compact function in Microsoft Access 2000 on my business database, running Microsoft XP Professional operating system it corrupts the database so that it can not be opened after the process. Performing the same repair and compact function while running Microsoft XP Home casuses no corruption. Is there a way to cause the corruption not to happen under XP Professional?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zanthryx

zanthryx

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:55 PM

Have you tried a second PC with XP Pro on it? I don't know of anything nor did I find anything in Microsoft's d-bases with any hint of a specific problem between Access 2000 and XP PRo.

#3 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:46 AM

i did have office 2000 runnng on my XP machine without problems nor did i hav any corruptions within Access itself. You may have either an installation problem with Office itself or could be windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users