Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New graphics card or processor/motherboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 soulshard

soulshard

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

Hi guys
im currently running
m2n32 sli-deluxe motherboard
8800gt
AMD X2 5400+ processors
3 gb ram
680W power supply
640 gig hard drive

i was wondering if i would get a better upgrade from buying the graphics card below
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...2-825-_-Product

or if i were to buy a new motherboard and cpu for around the same price. my current motherboard doesnt support pci e 2.0 interface and is quite limited in its upgrading capabilities at this point. my processors are also very outdated.
however my graphics card is also pretty old and it is becoming time for a new 1

which of these 2 upgrades do u guys think i would get the biggest performance boost out of
games i specifically play are as follows
world of warcraft
team fortress 2 (dont really need better performance here)
Counter strike source (dont really need better performance here)
battlefield bad company 2 (could use a boost in framerates here)
crysis 2 (looking forward to playing this when it comes out. can run the first one pretty low although i would like to increase the settings a bit)
call of duty modern warfare 2 (i run this like smooth as butter and it looks better than bad company 2 but for some reason bad company 2 doesnt run as well as this)
and that is pretty much it
thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

I suggest the HIS H577FM1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 as a graphics card, it is newer, smaller, and uses less power to run. Your computer still has some life left in it, you probably won't get all games to look amazing AND run without any slowdowns, though. To do that, you will need to replace the motherboard and the GPU, but this will essentially get you a new PC. Don't forget, if you get a new motherboard, you will not only have to purchase that, but also a CPU, RAM and operating system. To get good framerates and visual quality with Crysis 2, you will need a seriously powerful PC with a high-end quad core CPU, as much RAM as you can put on the motherboard, and an enthusiast-grade GPU, like the Radeon 5870.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users