Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What movies/shows/books made you tear up?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

I'm bored so I'll ask this :thumbsup:

What book, show, or movie made you tear up? Doesn't have to be just extremely sad stuff, but it can be from being so heartwarming that you start to tear up....or cried...either way, same difference.

Edited by scff249, 17 March 2010 - 12:51 AM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

Prologue of, Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell

If you don't understand the definition of duty, honor and country after reading this, you never will.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

I read the book and watched the film: A man called Horse

I haven't read the book yet but the movie was a tearjerker in many parts: Slumdog Millionaire

I watch this over and over: Shawshank Redemption

Gone with the Wind

The Astronaut Farmer

Color Purple: I always cry at the end :thumbsup:

I am currently reading 'Noone Listened' by Isobel and Alex Kerr and that is emotionally gripping, also very sad.

Edited by carri, 17 March 2010 - 04:55 PM.

Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Pffffft....I forgot to add at the title about games and music as well for anyone who prefers to list a game or music track as well....stupid me :thumbsup:

Maybe I should mention one that I had a tearjerker on.

Clannad. An anime based off of a visual novel made by Key. Some parts of that show were so heartwarming that I broke out into tears (.....doesn't help that one of the tracks in that anime makes the tearjerkiness more of a tearjerker). I haven't seen Clannad: After Story yet, but from what I heard, it's very depressing (probably going to make the fountains go on full).

Edited by scff249, 17 March 2010 - 05:22 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#5 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

"Schindler's List". I was fortunate enough to see it when it premiered here locally. There was not a dry eye in the house. It was the most intense experience of my life.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#6 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:00 AM

Seven Pound...w/Will Smith...the best movie i've seen this year!

Vanishing Point

Eight Seconds..The Lane Frost Story....At the end I always cry and say "Ride him into the ground!"

Steel Magnolias......

With Easter approaching......This tell's the very human side of the story.....at HIS death, the world went black,which speaks to me of the grief shared by His parents.......

Broken Bridges......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCa3noEB5s

This ones kinda personal, for you see I lost My Daddy and Best friend 2 years ago...Feburary.10.2008....
the last words he ever spoke were to tell me that he loved me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26A9ThCiTyY

On a good saturday i can dehydrate myself...... :thumbsup:

I almost forgot this one......

Diary of a mad black woman......Tyler Perry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s7QNpqiqsc

Edited by MissPlaced, 18 March 2010 - 07:28 AM.

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#7 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

"Schindler's List". I was fortunate enough to see it when it premiered here locally. There was not a dry eye in the house. It was the most intense experience of my life.

Yep this one is so heart rending I couldn't watch it all the way through the first time.

Also the Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom which is a movie and a book that just make me do more than 'tear up'

Music that makes me cry is: Amazing Grace by the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards (a really haunting version)

You'll Never Walk Alone (reminds me of my dad who is now deceased)

A song that always makes me emotional in a happy way is Buttercup by the Foundations ( don't laugh!) as it reminds me of happy times.
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#8 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

im old school so it has to be old yellar if you are at least 50 years old you will know the movie im talking about

Edited by rayj0054, 18 March 2010 - 09:03 PM.

#9 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

I'm not fifty, and I know the movie (....actually, it could be a colored remake or something....unless Old Yellar has always been in color....I don't know).

Music that makes me tear up....

Also from the Clannad series: "The Place Where Wishes Come True". By itself, it's just a really, really cutesy music box tune. Associated with the scenes that they go with, it'll either make the scene that much more heartwarming or that much more of a tearjerker (or both).

....okay, fine, Clannad is actually one of the only things that was a tearjerker to me at the time (nowadays, probably more).

#10 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:24 AM

Books:

Flowers for Algernon (I read the shorter version in the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction -- it was, IMHO, more effective than the longer novel)

Where the Red Fern Grows (Along the same lines as Old Yeller)

The last chapter in Questioning the Millennium, by Stephen Jay Gould.

#11 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

As for a book that had me in tears for at least an hour after I was finished with it, well that award goes to "All Quiet on the Western Front".
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#12 LizzieUK

LizzieUK

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:17 AM

Hello everyone.

On a lighter note

The film that makes tears roll down my cheeks every Christmas as I'm all curled up on the settee still wearing my pyjamas at four o'clock in the afternoon is
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
I laugh my little socks off at this film every year without fail.

Elizabeth

One day, along time ago, in a land far far away, there lived a girl who did not nag moan or whinge.
But it was just one day and a very long time ago.

Elizabeth

#13 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:16 AM

We Were Soldiers. Mel Gibson.

#14 CookieDemons

CookieDemons

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

Oh I'm a big wuss, loads of things make me cry :thumbsup: The book that made me cry the most was probably Black Beauty. I wasn't that old when I read it either :flowers: But most sad films make me cry.

#15 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

Where the Red Furn Grows, by Wilson Rawls

I love that book!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users