Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible virus, cannot figure it out and remove it.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tazersquad55

Tazersquad55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

So recently a rouge antivirus showed up on my computer (AV.exe aka Antivirus Vista 2010 or whatever). I attempted to remove it from my computer but could not find the usual traces of it that most people have found (could not locate the .exe or any of the keys in my registry). So, I rebooted my computer for the heck of it. When it turned back on and I logged on the rouge antivirus program didnt show up. But neither did any of the other programs that launch at start-up (aka windows sidebar, etc. etc.). Now whenever I attempt to open any file I get either an error stating that "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel" or it bring up the "Open with:" window (and then I have to go and locate the actual .exe to run the program I just attempted to run through a shortcut). Plus, now I cannot open my registry edit.

Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:37 AM

Full Removal instructions for Antivirus Vista 2010 can be found here.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users