Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro Mine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emma monkey

emma monkey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

:flowers: By way of introducing myself, I am the editor of the weekly community newspaper who relies on a good spam-free internet connection to produce our printed and website versions of the news. Until last week, Firefox was my perfect browser, but suddenly it has begun to redirect me to various websites whenever I do a Google search, such as electronic cigarettes, biz.com websites and others using position7.com as the proxy.
I was at HijackThis years ago, but never took it to this forum level as I was able to disinfect the computer from malware myself. This time, with the new browsers and connections and complexity of the various automated downloads, I am reluctant to simply start deleting stuff that might be required for all my programs to function.
I'd appreciate whatever help you guys might suggest.
Thanks!
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Read this: Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users