Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The dreaded BSOD and JIT debugger drive PC user insane

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 roromissd

roromissd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

A couple of weeks ago, we started seeing this Just in Time debugger pop up window urging me to use this "new instance of MS Script Editor" to debug. So, there's that issue.

Secondly, at the same time, I started having issues when selecting a website from Google search results. After selecting the site to go to, it would start and then "redirect" or "jump" to a completely different site usually with some of the search words I used on Google. There are two symbols that appear when it redirects on the tab next to the site name, and in next to the url box. One symbol is a green and white globe (sorry, I don't know how to copy screen shots for you to see). The second symbol is a blue cursive 2 shape. Does this help? Have any of you seen this before? It will take several tries to get to the desired website instead of the random ones I'm redirected to. I removed Total PC Defender already, thanks to your easy instructions. It was the first thing that I could actually find a way to remove because it showed the name.

Of course, on top of that fun, I started getting the BSOD as well most times I try to shut down or restart windows.

I use Windows XP home edition and Mozilla Firefox. I'm not truly knowledgeable with computers, or the language. We use it mostly for internet access. I have removed spyware a few times though, and feel proud of myself for doing that. I am eager to learn more, but I warn you now, I am disabled, take several meds that make it tougher for me to understand, so use little words :thumbsup: talk to me like I'm 2. My dad wants to reload the entire OS. Will that work? Or could my computer still be infected?

If I haven't provided enough info, ask, I might be able to give more if needed. I may just might have remembered some details.

Thanks in advance!
Roro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users