Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted drive on my laptop...can't access office intranet...Network Admin is no help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 coalbear

coalbear

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

I work on a Dell Latitude E5500 laptop with Windows Vista at the office. For the past several months I've been unable to access certain drives that contain pages on my work's intranet. I logged on to another computer and was able to access the drives (I, X, Z) just fine so it seems that my log in status is fine but my computer, for some reason, doesn't have the drives anymore. I told the network administrator at my work, but he refuses to accept that my drives are missing. When I start up the computer a little black window pops up indicating that the drives are indeed missing. Here's how it reads: "C:\\Windows\system32>net use i:/delete" then the second line reads: "The network connection could not be found". I'm beginning to think that he's not really all that savvy and is putting up resistance instead of admitting that he simply doesn't know what to do. So I appeal to the experts here so I don't have to bother the network administrator here at work. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

C:\\Windows\system32>net use i:/delete

This line is actually "Deleting" your connection to I:

It is possible that you have a DNS issue but being an office network with a network administrator, you need to speak to him/her or their superior and find out what is going on.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users