Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Installer Pop-Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 2-Cups

2-Cups

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hello,

I'm not sure what this is, but it does keep popping up when I visit a web site (most sites), and it will not quit. Anytime the page starts to load (it pops up), and when each section of the page starts to load, it will pop up again (regardless of how I close the pop-up). If I click on "Don't Install", it will pop right back up within seconds. If I click the "X" in the right hand corner, it comes back up as well.

The pop-up actually looks legit.

Internet Explorer Security Warning
Do You Want To Install This Software?

Name: Adobe Flash Player Installer (underlined)
Publisher: Adobe Systems Installer (underlined)

"More Options" (Install).................(Don't Install)

(Shield) While files from the ineternet can be useful, this file type can potentially harm your computer.
Only insatll software from publishers you trust

I've seen many installer pop-ups before, but usually if I click to "Not Install" the file, it don't keep popping back up, and to a point of really causing a problem usuing my computer (almost stopping the web page from loading. It will eventually quit on a web page (or appear to), but as soon as I visit a different site, it starts the popping up again (most sites). I don't get the pop-up when I visit this site (so far anyway).

Is this a virus, or something harmful to my system?

I have run AVG, & SuperAntiSpyware, and removed mostly "Tracking Cookies", and I've been to the Microsoft Updates page, but there is always 1 file that fails to install for some reason. I also have the little shield icon on the bottom right of my computer saying files are ready to be downloaded to your computer, but it won't complete the install either.

Any advice on this issue?

PS:

I've also changed my internet provider since my last visit to this site, but I'm not sure how to up date my new email address at "Login"

The new email address:

{Removed email addy to protect from Spam bots~boopme}

Thank You,
2-Cups

Edited by boopme, 16 March 2010 - 12:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

2-Cups,

You will want to remove your e-mail address from this post.

Your Adobe Acrobat pop-up should not be a virus or malware from the details you have posted. In the recent past, Adobe has updated Acrobat Reader to version 9.1.3 because of Security Vulnerabilities. These can be read here.

You would be best off to remove all copies of Adobe Reader from your computer using add/remove programs and visit http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 2-Cups

2-Cups
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:10 AM

Holy B-Jesus!

I thought that I had responded to the help that was posted above regarding Adobe Reader, a long time ago........I am so sorry for the delay, but thanks at any rate. I did follow the advice and it corrected the problem.

Have a great day :thumbsup:
2-Cups

#4 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:16 AM

Not a problem. Glad to hear you got it resolved.

:thumbsup:
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users