Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

shut down Initiated by NT Authority System/DCOM Server Process Launcher error. began after i started installing avg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mariposa!

mariposa!

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

hello,

i hope i am doing this correctly per forum rules

so yesterday i decided i wanted the current avg free edition on my computer. i have malwarebytes anti malware already but wanted to switch. i didnt remove malwarebytes first.
in the final stages of the install i suddenly got a warning that my computer would shut down in 60 seconds by the nt authority system because of the dcom process launcher error.

it would then restart over and over. the few times it would actually make it all the way to my computer logging in to windows the same shut down in 60 seconds would come up again and i could never get to system restore in time or anything else.

now it just restarts and restarts and restarts over and over and never gets to logging into windows.

i dont know what to do.

im running windows xp i havent updated in some time because i cant verify it. the computer was a hand me down.
i did download the actual avg from download.com and scrolled past the google ad results and selected the actual download link.
i did get a warning from a red shield that looked like my windows security stating that my firewall was tunred off and i know that is b.s. cuz i fell for that once before. i looked at my actual firewall and saw that it is indeed turned on. i have a feeling that might have something to do with this problem.

ill be waiting to hear from ya :thumbsup:
thanks

:killcomp:  me before bleeping computer  :smash:  me after bleeping computer :bowdown:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mariposa!

mariposa!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:03 AM

wow. well, you must have your hands full helping out with nasty trojans and other malware etc.

some friends of mine helped me out.

in case anyone has this problem after trying to install avg. this is what i did and it worked. i have windows xp. this may not work if you have other versions of windows so be careful and ask someone who is knowledgable. either here or a friend who is a sys admin or something.
go into safe mode. when you start your computer you press f8 a bunch of times before the windows banner comes up (when you see that it is too late and you need to try again). select safe mode.
when you are in safe mode go to add/remove programs and remove avg.
when you restart it should be ok. it was for me.

thanks anyway. feel free to close this topic moderators cuz i dont think i need assistance in this any more. so far its all good.

:killcomp:  me before bleeping computer  :smash:  me after bleeping computer :bowdown:

#3 mariposa!

mariposa!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:06 AM

i have to say. i have a rather different opinion of avg now. after trying to install their program screwed up my computer and made it inoperable. when i restarted my computer i was immediately taken to a website with a feedback survey. i answered all their questions and explained what happened and that was why i had no interest in their product anymore. after submitting i was told i ghad not answered all the questions. i did. on the 3rd try of submitting after retyping everything, i entered a bogus name and email address which was not a required field. and then it accepted my answers.

sneaky shady bizness in my opinion.

i dunno whats up with this. good luck. and stay away from avg! malwarebytes antimalware rocks!

oh and it took up like 90mb on my computer and malwarebytes anti malware only takes up like 5.33 or something. meh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users