Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Vundo.GO

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bunnylove

Bunnylove

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Vundo.GO Generic 16.CILM

Hi I'm new. Can't backup my system. Son got some virus. Vundo.GO also a new Generic one that I tunes anti virus program vaulted. They are in the System 32. Not sure how to go about getting rid of these. I have spybot and it detected 42 viruses and got rid of all of them except Vundo.GO. Went to your site. I've tried to restore the computer to a previous date but it doesn't work.

I was going to download the software to get rid of Vundo.GO but thought I should ask someone first about it. Currently we have Mcafee through comcast. Also, the windows firewall. We have Spybot doing full scans. And I guess the kid has AV something that I-tunes is using. Earlier today, the computer came clean with Spybot and McAfee but then the I-tunes one came up with Vundo.GO still there and now after trying to restore the computer some other one came up. Generic 16.CILM

What a mess. I've had him destroy two computers. One laptop of mine where my hard drive was completely wiped out and could not restore it with HP's disk they sent. And then the PC he had in November. This is a new one as of December and I think he's using .rar files for music and is getting these viruses. He's a musician and has alot of random music.

A couple of days ago I noticed his firewall was off and McAffee wasn't showing as protected. I turned them all back on and ran a scan and what I mentioned above is the result. Please help me if possible.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

This should be posted in the Virus/malware forum.

You should read up on it here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...undo-virtumonde
Someone already had your problem and this seems to be solution. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users