Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

data retrieval from ME hdd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blaisesdaddy

blaisesdaddy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

hey everyone, this is my first post and I'm happy to be a part of the group! I found the group via google while trying to fix a print spooler error that wasn't allowing me to print or install a new printer. I was finally able to fix the problem after reading a few post here - thanks a bunch. I have another question I'm hoping you all can help me with: I have an old hdd that has a corrupt version of ME. I want to pull some photos from the disk but I am unable to access any of the data. Is there a free program or app available that will help? I checked on download.com and saw a program called "Pandora", but I don't know anything about it. If I connect this drive via IDE cable as a slave to my current computer, can I retrieve the files without loading a clean version of the ME operating system? I am currently using XP on my main computer. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Easiest way to do this is to take the hard drive out of the system. Disconnect the ribbon cable & power from the cdrom drive(s) on the computer you want to pull the data onto. Connect the hard drive to there.
That way you dont have to worry about changing any jumpers.

The XP computer should read that drive fine & you should be able to pull your data off it.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 blaisesdaddy

blaisesdaddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

thanks for the help! I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users