Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overheating

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lloydlec

Lloydlec

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

I am having a problem with my Toshiba. It just shuts down, no warning, no log in the Event viewer that indicates a problem. I can reboot immediately but it will just shut down again. I have it on a laptop cooling system as I think it can only be a overheating problem. I have run anti virus, malware etc have a firewall. It is am old laptop but runs my life :thumbsup: Can anyone think of something else or a way to fix the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

Can you tell us what model Toshiba laptop you have?

We can better point you in the correct direction with this information.

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 Dave P

Dave P

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

May not be the solution you're looking for (*jedi hand wave*) but it may be worth pulling the HDD out and salvaging the data off it, then get a new laptop.

I only say this since you said it was quite old, considering the costs of repairing something like that, it may be worth just biting the bullet and getting a new laptop, then, so long as its not a HDD error, you can just pull all your old data off.

If you want a solution, you will have to provide *a lot* of data in all probability.

(I assumed you couldnt boot it up by the way, if its just shutting down on its own and you have some access to it, its probably worth backing up everything you can off it in case the problems get worse)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users