Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

w7 Problem-> scrollbars automatically scrolling

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jubbuh

Jubbuh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:49 AM

Hello,

When i have an open window with scrollbars (eg the My computer screen), the scrollbars do automatically scroll down, and when i scroll up, they scroll down again. Same kind of problem occurs in Firefox, when typing something in a form (eg the google search field), my editor/type thingy, you know, the '|' thing, automatically moves to the right, and keeps moving. So, basically, it impossible for me to open My document etc, because immediately it scrolls down.
*It seems that the right arrow key is pressed all the time*

My first thought was that my keyboard was jamming somehow, however, after cleaing the right arrow key the problem still existed. Then I tried to remove the keyboard, but the problem didnt go away.
After that I run some virus scan/malware scans. (McAfee, MBAM, AVAST).
This way i removed some virusses and trojans, but my initial problem wasnt solved at all. Then I tried to run a Malware/virus scan in Vista *i have a dual boot config*. And then I discovered I had the same problems in vista.

Then I downloaded Zone Alarm security Suite and run a rootkit scan This gave me a amazing number of infections: 32002..... They all were of the same 'type' HiddenObject.Multi.Generic, and zonealarm had some problems removing/repairing them.

Then I ran Vista in SafeMode and had same problems with scrolling
However, when running w7 in safe mode, I can work normally and i dont seem to have these problems......

Running another zonealarm scan, now in w7 safe mode, discovered 160 HiddenObject.Multi.Generic thingy's

So, basically It seems that my arrow key-right is stuck, even when my keyboard isn't attached/another keyboard is attached to my pc.

Do you guys have any idea what it can be?

My pc:
Intel i7 920
Ati HD4650
6gB ram
dual boot
w7 ultimate + Vista home premium

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 March 2010 - 04:43 PM.
Move to AII from Windows 7. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users